Serverless Framework Documentation
Deliver software with radically less overhead.
This is the guiding principle behind the Serverless Framework, which was developed following the release of AWS Lambda in 2014. The Serverless Framework pioneered serverless architecture on AWS, a transformative approach to building applications on cloud infrastructure that auto-scales, incurs no charges when idle, and typically demands minimal maintenance. Today, it continues to be the leading developer tool for deploying serverless architectures.
Here are the Serverless Framework's highlights:
- Empowering - Build more and manage less with serverless architectures.
- Many Use-Cases - Choose from tons of efficient serverless use-cases (APIs, Scheduled Tasks, Event Handlers, Streaming Data Pipelines, Web Sockets & more).
- Automated - Deploys both code and infrastructure together, resulting in out-of-the-box serverless apps.
- Easy - Enjoy simple syntax to safely deploy AWS Lambda functions, event sources and more without being a cloud expert.
- Multi-Language - Supports Node.js, Python, Java, Go, C#, Ruby, Swift, Kotlin, PHP, Scala, & F#
- Full Lifecycle - Manages the lifecycle of your serverless architecture (build, deploy, update, monitor, troubleshoot).
- Multi-Domains - Group domains into Serverless Services for easy management of code, resources & processes, across large projects & teams.
- Multi-Environments - Built-in support for multiple stages (e.g. development, staging, production).
- Guardrails - Loaded with automation, optimization and best practices.
- Extensible - Extend or modify the Framework and its operations via Plugins.
- Plugin Ecosystem - Extend or modify the Framework and its operations via Plugins.
- Welcoming - A passionate and welcoming community!
Get started via the Serverless Framework CLI using this guide.
Have questions? Join thousands of other users in our Slack Channel.
After that, we recommend you...